Table of Contents
• The People's GEIS: Minnesota has produced a first-of-its-kind, $2.97 million study on animal agriculture. It's time taxpayers started getting their money's worth.
• What is the GEIS
• Navigating the GEIS
• The sting of pesticide misuse
• The mathematics of factory farm welfare
• Call Congress today
• Letters: The thread of sustainability; Sharing, not consuming
• What's on your mind?
Myth Buster Box…3
• There are so few small- and medium-sized farms left that it's not worth saving them.
• Antibiotic creep
• 'Dead Zone' biggest ever
• Family farms child friendly
• Gopher pork power
• GMO crops
• Home cooking
• Water, Grass & Livestock published
• Meetings tuck into local food issues
• Thanks, Philadelphia!
• Farm as Natural Habitat praised
• LSP staff update
• Moore leaves LSP
• Wilcke new regional SARE coordinator
• Checkoff case goes to appeal March 14
• Congress urged to reject anti-conservation budget
• Conservation & D.C.—it's not all bad news
• ValAdCo settles with state
• Packer ban introduced in Senate
• Packer ban meeting March 22
• New CAFO rules 'open the barn door'
• Factory farming's new regulatory buddy: MDA's 'Livestock Friendly' designation is starting to smell like a theft of local control
• Repeal the law
• Crunch the numbers
• "Sister Earth," by Larry H. Olson
Food & Farm Connection…16
• A local meal checklist
• Low mileage shopping list
• Join a CSA farm
• Yum, yum
• Food & Farm Fest April 12-13
• Baskin-Robbins economics
• 'Pride' develops seasonal food guide
• Stewardship Food Network
• Fatal Harvest: The Tragedy of Industrial Agriculture, edited by Andrew Kimbrell
• Coming Home to Eat: The Pleasures and Politics of Local Foods, by Gary Paul Nabhan
• You've got mail!
• Help keep LSP's costs down and reduce unwanted mail
• Support LSP in your workplace
• Get the latest in stewardship fashion
• Did you miss a Land Stewardship Letter (or 2…or 10)?