Membership & Individual Giving Associate (August 2017)
The Land Stewardship Project is seeking a Membership and Individual Giving Associate. The Membership Associate will:
• Help manage LSP’s growing database of members and supporters.
• Build LSP’s dues paying membership.
• Assist organizers to wage effective campaigns.
• Engage LSP members and supporters though social media and LSP’s website.
• Assist with LSP meetings, events and actions and keep appraised of LSP’s work.
• Serve as the assistant administrator for LSP’s website.
Good candidates for this position will have experience with dues paying membership organizations, particularly working with membership databases and renewing/recruiting dues paying members. LSP uses database software provided by thedatabank and experience with thedatabank CRM is a plus. However, database experience is not required. People who can think systematically, learn new software quickly and manage lots of details are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time, salaried position with health and dental insurance, paid vacation and sick time, as well as retirement benefits. The position is based in LSP’s Minneapolis office. Applications are due Sept. 1, 2017. A full job description is here.
State Policy Community Organizer (July 2017)
The Land Stewardship Project is seeking to hire an experienced community organizer to help advance our work for stewardship of the land and a just farm and food system. The position will focus on mobilizing farmers, rural residents and others to build power and mount public pressure for stewardship and justice in Minnesota’s farm and food system through winning state policies that rein in corporate concentration in agriculture, and that support a sustainable, family farm-based food and agriculture system. This is a full-time, salaried position. LSP will accept applications until the position is filled. A full job description is available here.
Volunteer for LSP
The Land Stewardship Project literally could not fulfill its mission without the hard work of our volunteers. Volunteers help us do everything from stuff envelopes and make telephone calls to enter data and set up logistics for meetings. If you’d like to volunteer in one of our offices, contact:
• Montevideo, Minn.—Terry VanDerPol, 320-269-2105, email@example.com.
• Lewiston, Minn. — Karen Benson, 507-523-3366, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Minneapolis, Minn. — Amelia Shoptaugh, 612-722-6377, email@example.com.