The Farm Beginnings course is a 10 month training course that provides opportunities for beginning and transitioning farmers to learn firsthand about values clarification and goal setting, whole farm planning, strategic farm planning, and low-cost, sustainable farming methods.
The Farm Beginnings course provides 43 hours of training and hands-on learning opportunities in the form of classroom sessions, farm tours, field days, workshops and accessing an extensive farmer network. In this training course, participants:
• Join a community and learn from some of the most innovative and skilled farmers operating in the Midwest.
• Develop lifelong friendships and networks with other beginning farmers.
• Learn critical farm management skills such as creative financing and innovative marketing strategies.
• Access an extensive network of farmers through the Farmer Network.
• See sustainable farming practices being used on real farms under a variety of conditions.