Table of Contents
• Eyes on the Perennial Prize: The connection between a dead town, a hang gliding accident, perennial plant cover and one farm's search for economic and environmental stability.
• The endless segmenting of society
• Factory farm subsidies reek of corporate welfare
• Glyphosate's last roundup?
• Manure math
• Organic acres
• Who's the real gambler?
• A mingling of muddy waters
Myth Buster Box…5
• Genetic engineering is the only viable method available for improving crops.
• 2004-2005 Farm Beginnings classes begin Oct. 23
• Farm Beginnings 2004-2005 class dates & times
• Food, family & farming celebrated in southeast Minnesota
• LSP staff news
• Thanks MNFAIR, St. Martin's Tale
Twin Cities Update…9
• Local food, self-sufficiency & sustainability
• Farmers & rural residents criticize Minnesota Governor's Livestock Task Force
• Get out of Dodge
• CFFE Lawn Sign
• Creating an informed CSP constituency
• CSP payment estimates for 3 types of Midwestern farms
• We want to heat from you on CSP
Food & Farm Connection…16
• Food Alliance Midwest certified foods now available at a college near you
• Dine Fresh Dine Local
• Johnson serves Food Alliance internship
• Slow food fundraiser Sept. 7
• John Caddy's daily gift
• Broken Limbs: Apples, Agriculture, and the New American Farmer
• Deconstructing Supper: Is Your Food Safe?
LSP Art Gallery Show…21
• Abundant Harvest
• Making gift-giving a part of the future
• Support LSP in your workplace