The Land Stewardship Project’s Land & Stewardship Legacies initiative provides a way for your family’s legacy on the land to continue by using it to support LSP’s work or to provide opportunities for a new generation of stewardship farmers.
LSP is able to accept gifts of farmland or other real estate from members or other friends of our organization. The Stewardship Legacy secures financial resources to support the work of the Land Stewardship Project now and into the future. The Land Legacy is distinguished by accepting gifts of suitable parcels of farmland to serve as incubators for beginning farmers, or sold outright to promising graduates of LSP’s Farm Beginnings® program.
• For general background on this initiative, to download a pdf version of the Land & Stewardship Legacies brochure, click here.
• You can use our “Initial Inquiry Form” to provide quick information on the property you are thinking of donating. It is available in Word format or as a pdf document.
• For general questions on whether this giving program is right for you, contact LSP executive director Jess Anna Glover at 612-722-6377 or email@example.com. You can also contact LSP’s offices in the Minnesota communities of Lewiston (507-523-3366) or Montevideo (320-269-2105). We would be happy to discuss what kinds of options you have in giving, the benefits you can experience and the variety of ways LSP might utilize your gift. There is no pressure — we will simply begin the conversation about whether donating your property through this initiative is right for you and LSP.
• For more information on Farm Beginnings®, click here.
• In a LSP video, members Dennis and Carol Johnson talk about how they used a gift of land to support what’s important to them. The video is available here. LSP would like to thank member Audrey Arner and the University of Minnesota-Morris for developing this video.
• To read more about the Land & Stewardship Legacies initiative and the kinds of beginning farmers who would benefit from such a program, see the Summer 2008 Land Stewardship Letter.