LSP's well-documented fact sheets on various topics are available in PDF format:
30. Why Do MN Farmers Do What They Do?
29. Minnesota Beginning Farmer Tax Credit
28. The Cropping Systems Calculator
27. Including Stewardship in Lease Agreements
26. The Chippewa 10% Project
25. Continuous Living Cover & Clean Water
24. MNsure & ACA: Helpful Hints & Useful Definitions
23. Improving Riparian Areas with Livestock Grazing
22. Frac Sand Mining: A Threat to the Land, People & Communities
21. How U.S. Cities are Using Zoning to Support Urban Ag
20. Pollinators in Peril: Diverse farms can help key beneficial insects.
19. Buying Directly From a Farmer: Consumers can bypass the corporate bottleneck.
18. Atrazine—Alternatives to a Controversial Herbicide: Despite what atrazine's primary manufacturer claims, there are viable ways to raise corn without a total reliance on the herbicide.
17. Syngenta & Atrazine—A Controversial Weed Killer & Agribusiness Come Under Scrutiny: Agribusiness and government have teamed up to block a close examination of the health and environmental impacts of this herbicide.
16. Green Acres—A Key Minnesota Farm & Conservation Program is in Jeopardy: Changes made to Green Acres by the 2008 Legislature threaten farmland in Minnesota and should be repealed.
15. Rural Development & Local Foods: Rural communities are finding that production and consumption of local foods can feed main street economies.
14. Biofuels — Sustainable Energy from the Land: Grain-based ethanol is getting a lot of attention, but biofuels based on perennial plant systems may hold the key to sustainable energy security.
13. Growing Green Fuel: RIM-Clean Energy: How we can jump-start sustainable biofuel production.
12. Farm Bill Support for Beginners: The Beginning Farmer and Rancher Development Program.
11.Racking up the Food Miles: Why the distance between the field and the table is important.
10. Writing a Letter to Your Newspaper: Putting pen to paper can be a powerful media tool.
9. 1 Storm — 2 Outcomes: Why did one field lose a truckload of soil during a heavy rain storm, while just up the road another lost only a bucket's worth?
8. More Farmers on the Land: LSP's Farm Beginnings, Farm Dreams & Journeyperson.
7. How Farms Can Improve Water Quality: Minnesota studies show how working farmland can have a positive impact on water resources.
6. Hydrogen Sulfide & Factory Farms: How a group of rural residents made Minnesota hog factories accountable for the hydrogen sulfide gas they produce.
5. When Manure Hits Water: Large-scale livestock factories are a major threat to water quality in rural America.
4. Hometown Factory Farm Fighting: How rural Minnesotans are using local democracy to control factory livestock operations.
3. Grass-Based Beef & Dairy Production: This innovative system is economically viable and good for the environment.
2. Factory Farming's False Promise: Industrialized ag extracts the wealth of rural communities, leaving behind empty farmsteads and shuttered main streets.
1. Bigger is Not Better: Small-scale family farms are more efficient than their large-scale industrial counterparts.