At the Land Stewardship Project, the safety of our staff, members, and communities are our top priority. When planning LSP events, we’re committed to creating an environment that follows COVID-19 safety best practices and balances in-person interaction and learning. Our policies align with current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance for counties and states with “substantial” or “high” risk of community spread of COVID-19.
Safety measures LSP Event attendees can expect include:
- Event participants will be required to sign a COVID-19 Waiver of Liability. The details of this waiver are listed below; the waiver can also be downloaded here.
- All attendees over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a properly fitting mask, except when actively eating or drinking.
- LSP staff will enforce mask-wearing during events.
- LSP will provide medical-grade masks and the use of these masks will be required for all attendees at all indoor, winter events. As much as possible, event areas will be designed to allow for and encourage social distancing. Attendees and staff are encouraged to practice social distancing to the best of their ability.
- Staff and attendees will be encouraged to practice good hand hygiene. Hand sanitizer will be readily available at the event.
- If the meeting includes food, during meals to-go boxes will be available for those who wish to enjoy their meal away from the general eating area.
- Staff and attendees are encouraged to stay home if they or someone in their household is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous 10 days.
- If you have additional questions about safety measures in place for this event, please contact the LSP staff in charge of organizing each specific event. A complete staff contact list is available here. We are looking forward to having events in person, and greatly appreciate your contribution to making our space as safe as possible for staff, attendees, and our communities.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. The Land Stewardship Project (“LSP”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 at its events; however, LSP cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attendance and participation in an event could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
In consideration for being permitted to visit LSP’s offices or to attend a LSP event, I acknowledge, accept and agree to the following:
- I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participation or attendance; and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at an LSP event may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, LSP’s employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
- I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with my participation and attendance at an LSP event. I, on behalf of my heirs, assigns, spouse, partner, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby waive, release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless LSP, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from any suits, liabilities, claims, actions, loss, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of LSP, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation or attendance at an LSP event.
- I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless LSP from any loss, liability, cost, claim, and/or damages arising from use of the property or participation or attendance, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
- I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or illness I may suffer or cause, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or illness myself. I further represent that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my ability to use and enjoy the property and activities, or else I am willing to assume – and bear the costs of — all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
- In the event that I file a lawsuit, I agree to do so in the state where LSP is located, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- By signing this document, I agree that if I am exposed or infected by COVID-19, then I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the parties being released on the basis of any claim for negligence.
- I have had sufficient time to read this entire document and, should I choose to do so, consult with legal counsel prior to signing. Also, I understand that use of the property and participation in the activities and attendance might not be made available to me or that the cost to engage in these activities would be significantly greater if I were to choose not to sign this release and agree that the opportunity to participate at the stated cost in return for the execution of this release is a reasonable bargain. I have read and understood this document and I agree to be bound by its terms.
- If I have signed a separate general waiver of liability connected to my participation and attendance at an LSP event, I agree that the terms of that waiver are wholly incorporated into this document and that the terms of this document are incorporated into the separate general waiver.
- I agree that I will practice safe social distancing and clean hygiene during my participation at an LSP event.
In accordance with Minnesota law, nothing in this Release and Waiver of Liability should be construed as releasing, discharging, or waiving any claims I may have for conduct that constitutes greater than ordinary negligence on the part of LSP or any other releasee.