February 26, 1 pm-4 pm
- WEI Amador Hill Farm Campus, 15715 River Road, North Branch, MN 55056
- Event Website »
- RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn the details and seasonal steps for beekeeping from building your hives to harvesting honey and making mead. This year WEI is offering an exciting and comprehensive beekeeping class which consists of nine classes which meet every fourth Sunday at the WEI Amador Hill Farm and Orchard. The class will be taught by Mike Mackiewicz from Bone Lake Meadows Apiary.
- Feb 26, Introduction and Overview of the Beekeeping
- March 26: Building Hives Boxes and Frames/Equipment Overview April 23: Setting up Hives and Installing Bees/ Splitting Second-Year Hives
- May 21: Hive Day/Planning Flower Power for Pollinators
- June 25: Hive Day/ Assessing Honey in the Hives
- July 23: Hive Day/Mite Controls
- Aug 27: Extracting Honey
- Sept.24: Making Mead
- Oct. 22: Winterizing the Hives
To register, click here.