April 21, 7 am-11 am
- Red Stag Supperclub, 509 1st Ave. NE, Minneapolis, MN 55417
Google Map »
- Event Website »
- RSVP to 612-767-7766
Join the Land Stewardship Project for a special Earth Day Breakfast at Red Stag Supperclub on Friday, April 21, from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Stop in anytime between 7 a.m-11 a.m. to purchase a delicious Red Stag breakfast and support LSP. Speakers will present throughout the morning about the importance of healthy soil and clean water in urban and rural Minnesota. In celebration of Earth Day, Red Stag is generously donating proceeds from the breakfast to support LSP's work getting more farmers started on the land, promoting stewardship of the land, and organizing for change.
There will be presentations throughout the morning about the connections between food, community and the land:
• 7:30 a.m. —Maryan Abdinur, LSP Community Based Food Systems Program Organizer, and Alisa Hoven, Hope Community’s Program Coordinator of the Food, Land and Community Program, will speak on Hope and LSP's partnership advancing food, community and racial equity in Minneapolis’ Phillips Community.
• 9:30 a.m. — Robin Moore, who coordinates LSP’s Chippewa 10% Project, which is working to advance farming practices that improve water quality, will speak about this work and the 2017 "BioBlitz" on pollinators in western Minnesota this summer.
Food Film Fest Later in the Day
New this year is a second opportunity to support LSP’s work at the Red Stag on April 21! We will show two films in the Red Stag Club room from 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Join us for the Red Stag Happy Hour (3 p.m. – 6 p.m.) or order food and drinks off the menu, and watch two excellent films and leave a donation in support of LSP’s Community Based Food Systems Program.
• 5 p.m. — Edible City, featuring a diverse cast of characters who are challenging and transforming our broken food system
• 6:15 p.m. — Urban Fruit is the story of city dwellers reclaiming the skill to grow food in Los Angeles.
The Red Stag Supperclub is located at 509 1st Avenue NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413.