November 18, 2018, 10 am-4 pm
- Gale Woods Farm, 7210 County Road 110 W., Minnetrista, MN 55364
Google Map »
- RSVP to Clara Sanders Marcus, 612-722-6377, firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you know a young person in grades 7-12 who is passionate about sustainable agriculture, family farms, clean water or social justice? We would like to hear from them today! The Land Stewardship Project is launching a youth initiative, seeking to deeply involve young people in engagement across the organization.
As a kick-off event for this initiative, LSP is hosting a Youth Summit on Sunday, Nov. 18, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Gale Woods Farm in Minnetrista, Minn. Our hope for the day is to gather a core group of around 25 youth who are equipped and empowered to influence and participate in the work of the Land Stewardship Project.
At the Summit, youth will have time to connect with peers and plan for how they want to be involved in LSP. The day will feature diverse workshops focusing on skill building and hands-on learning, with possible topics ranging from organizing basics to soil health and getting started farming. Youth can provide input on workshop offerings on the registration form.
• 10 a.m. Check-in
• 10:10 a.m. Welcome and Introductions
• 10:35 a.m. Why a Youth Summit?
• 10:50 a.m. Grounding in LSP Values and Background
• 11:30 a.m. Skill-Building and Capacity Workshops
• 12:30 p.m. Lunch
• 1:15 p.m. Harvesting High Tunnel Carrots with Gale Woods' Youth Farm Program
• 2:30 p.m. Skill-Building and Capacity Workshops
• 3:25 p.m. Moving Forward: What’s Next?
• 4 p.m. Adjourn
LSP will help coordinate carpools when possible. For questions, contact LSP's Clara Sanders Marcus at 612-722-6377 or via e-mail.