November 14, 2018, 5 pm-7 pm
- Paperbacks and Pieces, 429 Mankato Ave., Winona, MN 55987
Google Map »
- RSVP to Brian DeVore, LSP, 612-816-9342, email@example.com
Join agricultural journalist Brian DeVore on Wednesday, Nov. 14, beginning at 5 p.m., at Paperbacks and Pieces in Winona for a discussion centered around his new book, Wildly Successful: Sustainability and the New Agricultural Land Ethic. This book tells the stories of farmers in Minnesota and across the Midwest who are balancing viable food production with environmental sustainability and a passion for all things wild. They are using innovative techniques and strategies to develop their “wildly successful” farms as working ecosystems.
DeVore, a writer, editor and podcaster who works for the Minnesota-based Land Stewardship Project, has spent the past 25 years traveling the Midwest, conducting interviews with the farmers, scientists, activists and other “ecological agrarians” who are blending the wild and the tame as they strive to create environmentally and economically sustainable food production systems.
DeVore will be on-hand to sign copies of Wildly Successful Farming. He will read from his book and discuss what we can all do to support the wildly successful farmers who are raising healthy food, protecting our water and building resilient landscapes.
Other Reading Events in November
This is one in a series of Wildly Successful Farming events:
• Monday, Nov. 12: Chatfield United Methodist Church in Chatfield, Minn., 1:30 p.m.-3 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 13: Blue Heron Coffeehouse in Winona, Minn., 7 p.m.-8 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 14: Paperbacks and Pieces Bookstore in Winona, Minn., 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 27: University of Minnesota-Morris, 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 28: Common Cup Coffeehouse, Morris, Minn., 2 p.m.-3 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 28: Java River Coffee Shop, Montevideo, Minn., 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 29: Hutchinson Public Library, Hutchinson, Minn., 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.