November 13, 2018
- Minnesota State Capitol Building, 75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Saint Paul, MN 55155
Google Map »
- RSVP to Johanna Rupprecht, LSP, 507-523-3366, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Land Stewardship Project has launched a new petition drive and we want thousands of Minnesotans to call on our next Governor to make addressing the rural healthcare crisis a top priority. In our rural communities, we are experiencing unaffordable health insurance premiums and deductibles, while hospitals and clinics are being closed and services cut. At the same time, we see major hospital systems and insurance companies posting large profits. Our petition calls on the next Governor to join us in working for bold, real solutions, including:
- A moratorium on the closing of rural hospitals or clinics. When hospitals and clinics close, rural communities suffer.
- Establish a people-centered Rural Healthcare Access Task Force. The Governor must appoint a task force of rural Minnesotans to create a plan for action to ensure that rural communities have meaningful healthcare.
- Make MinnesotaCare available as an option for all Minnesotans so that everyone can have a healthcare plan available to them that provides meaningful care.
Click here for a copy of the petition to print and sign. Click here for more information on how you can get involved. Save the date and join us at the Minnesota Capitol Nov. 13 to deliver the petitions.