November 27, 2018, 7 pm-8:30 pm
- University of Minnesota, Rm. 1020, Science Building, Morris, 600 East 4th Street, Morris, MN 56267
Google Map »
- Event Website »
- RSVP to Brian DeVore, 612-816-9342, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian DeVore of the Land Stewardship Project will discuss his new book, Wildly Successful Farming: Sustainability and the New Agricultural Land Ethic Tuesday, Nov. 27, in Room 1020 of the Science Building at the University of Minnesota, Morris.
Wildly Successful Farming tells the stories of farmers in Minnesota and across the Midwest who are balancing profitability and food production with environmental sustainability and a passion for all things wild. They are using innovative techniques and strategies to develop their “wildly” successful farms as working ecosystems.
DeVore will read from the book, sign copies and talk about what we can all do to support farming that integrates agriculture and ecology. Bryan Simon, a farmer and UMM alum who is featured in the book, will also be on-hand to share his story.
Other Reading Events this Fall & Winter
This is one in a series of Wildly Successful Farming events:
• Tuesday, Nov. 27: University of Minnesota-Morris (Rm. 1020 of the Science Building), 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 28: Common Cup Coffeehouse, Morris, Minn., 2 p.m.-3 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 28: Java River Coffee Shop, Montevideo, Minn., 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 29: Hutchinson Public Library, Hutchinson, Minn., 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
• Thursday, Jan. 17: Magers & Quinn Booksellers, Minneapolis, Minn., 7 p.m.-8 p.m.