November 17, 2016, 6 pm-8 pm
- Mora Public Library, 200 W. Maple Ave., Mora, MN 55051
Google Map »
- RSVP to Jonathan Maurer-Jones, LSP, 218-213-4008, email@example.com
What We Will Do at the Meeting:
- Understand the current healthcare crisis, how the corporate insurance and medical system is driving skyrocketing costs, and what we can do about it together.
- Explore options for 2017 health insurance — like MinnesotaCare, subsidies through MNsure, or small-group plans.
- In addition to discussion on healthcare, an overview and opportunity to connect to other parts of LSP’s work promoting sustainability, stewardship of the land and water, and strong rural communities.
For more information, contact Land Stewardship Project organizer Jonathan Maurer-Jones at 218-213-4008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed information about your health insurance options is available here on the LSP website.
- Look into MinnesotaCare and MNsure — don’t pay full price for an individual plan without checking if you qualify for cheaper health insurance options. See if you might qualify here.
- Sign up early for the most options — enrollment began Nov. 1 for 2017 individual plans, and all but one of the insurance companies offering individual insurance will have caps on the number of people who can enroll in their plans. This means some insurance plans and doctors may not be available if you wait too long.
- Help is available — there are “navigators” available to help you for free with finding and signing up for the best insurance for you — click here to find a navigator in your area.
- A group plan may be an option — “small group” plans are 20%-25% cheaper than individual plans, and may be an option if you 1) have an employee or 2) run a farm operation or small business that is incorporated. See if a small group plan might be an option for you.