February 13, 10:30 am-3:15 pm
- St. Colomban Catholic Church, 408 Preston St. NW, Preston MN 55965
Google Map »
- Event Website »
- RSVP to Tom Nuessmeier, 507-995-3541; Karen Stettler, 507-523-3366
From 10:30- 12:30:
• Hear Dr. Richard Levins, professor emeritus of applied economics at the University of Minnesota and dairy policy advisor to the National Farmers Organization, speak on that group's response to the crisis in dairy farming in his talk, ''A Plan to Take Action for Family Dairy Farmers." His view and his recommendations are rooted in the value diverse family dairy operations have for rural communities.
• Come together with neighbors and dairy farmers from across the state to build a solution that works for us.
• Review LSP's bold farmer driven statement on the farm crisis. It is available for viewing on LSP's website.
• Hear from a panel of experts who will speak about the resources available to support farmers in need.
For more information, contact LSP's Tom Nuessmeier at 507-995-3541 or via e-mail.
A light lunch will be served at 12:30 p.m.
From 1 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.:
LSP's "Farm Crisis Forum: Resiliency and Resources" will take place featuring resilient farmers and a resource panel.
Our farmers and communities are stronger together. There are so many things happening that are beyond our control. Yet, we do have control of helping and supporting others. Come to one of the Land Stewardship Project's upcoming Farm Crisis Forums to hear resilient farmers share their stories. There will be a panel that includes MDA Farm Advocate Connie Dykes, Stephen Carpenter from Farmers' Legal Action Group, and Dan Miller from Farm Business Management. The panel members will share legal and financial resources available to farmers.
There is no charge for this event, but RSVP's are helpful for planning purposes.
For questions or to RSVP for the forum, contact LSP's Karen Stettler at 507-523-3366 or via e-mail.