The Land Stewardship Project is seeking a Policy Organizer to develop and implement visionary, strategic, grassroots campaigns for a just food and farming system. The organizers of the Policy Department work as a team to win campaigns on issues including supporting small and mid-sized farmers, fighting climate change, stopping factory farms, building a better healthcare system, breaking down the corporate concentration in agriculture, and more.
Key responsibilities of this position:
- Develop and carry out campaign plans that engage supporters, shift narratives, and win policy victories.
- Develop bases of supporters to build power.
- Recruit new LSP members to grow the organization.
- Support committees of LSP member-leaders to guide the work of the organization by setting strategies and executing tactics that influence policymakers.
- Build relationships and coalitions with allied organizations.
- Effectively recruit and turn out supporters for in-person and virtual events.
- Work collaboratively with other LSP organizers and staff.
- Write and disseminate communications materials for turnout, education, base-building, media/social media, and e-mail action alerts.
- Train and support LSP members to take on leadership roles, including facilitating meetings and advocating to elected officials.
This position will be based out of LSP’s southeastern Minnesota office in Lewiston, with hybrid work from home options available. Please submit applications by Jan. 23, 2023. A full job description and details on applying are available here.
The Land Stewardship Project literally could not fulfill its mission without the hard work of our volunteers. Volunteers help us do everything from stuff envelopes and make telephone calls to enter data and set up logistics for meetings. Remote opportunities are available. If you’d like to volunteer, fill out this form or contact Clara Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-400-6340.