Demand Bold Action from Our Next Governor on the Rural Healthcare Crisis
High premiums, closing rural clinics and few available insurance plans mean rural people are too often not getting quality healthcare. This is a matter of life and death. Sign and share the LSP petition calling on our next Governor to make this a priority.
The Land Stewardship Project believes that addressing the rural healthcare crisis must be a priority for our next Governor. We want thousands of Minnesotans to call on our next Governor to take action. As Minnesotans, we value looking out for each other and communities where everyone can live a good life. But in our rural communities, we are experiencing unaffordable health insurance premiums and deductibles, while hospitals and clinics are closed, and services cut. At the same time, we see major hospital systems and insurance companies posting large profits. Our current healthcare system is not making sure everyone can get the care they need.
Sign and share the petition we have launched calling on Minnesota’s next Governor to join us in working for bold, real solutions that include:
- A moratorium on the closing of rural hospitals or clinics. When hospitals and clinics close, rural communities suffer.
- Establishing a people-centered Rural Healthcare Access Taskforce. The Governor must appoint a taskforce of rural Minnesotans to create a plan for action to ensure that rural communities have meaningful healthcare.
- Making MinnesotaCare available as an option for all Minnesotans so that everyone can have a healthcare plan available to them that provides meaningful care.
Take Action! Here is how you can be a part of this movement:
- Sign the petition. Sign online here. Even better, print the petition, collect signatures and mail it in. Print it here.
- Share the petition & collect more signatures. Use the paper petition to gather signatures from friends, family, neighbors and others. Take it with you to meetings or events you’re attending. We’re happy to mail you blank copies. Also, share the online petition with your networks via social media or e-mail.
- Please return signatures you gather as soon as possible, and no later than Saturday, November 10, to: Land Stewardship Project, Attn: Healthcare, 180 E. Main St., PO Box 130, Lewiston, MN 55952.
- Anyone who lives in Minnesota is welcome to sign!
Join us on Tuesday, November 13, to deliver the petition to the newly-elected Governor at the Minnesota Capitol in Saint Paul. RSVP to Johanna or Paul if you plan to attend.
If you have already signed this petition, thank you so much! Now, please help us build more power to achieve real healthcare solutions by gathering 5, 10, 20 or more signatures from fellow Minnesotans.
With questions, to request petition copies, or to RSVP to join us on November 13, please contact LSP healthcare organizers Johanna Rupprecht (firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-523-3366) or Paul Sobocinski (email@example.com, 507-342-2323).