Table of Contents
• Rotating in a New Generation: It's one thing to teach someone the techniques of farming. It's quite another to plant the seeds of sustainable success.
• Want to participate in Farm Beginngs?
• An argument for regional economics
• Letters: Good, but long-winded; Steward of the table; Canaries in a corn mine
• What's on your mind?
• Foods Guide for the Upper Minnesota River Valley now available
• Conservation Security Program fact sheets available
• Judge orders review of turkey confinement
• Missouri hog farmers hosted by LSP
• Corporate vampires
• Photos from LSP's 20th Anniversary Celebration
• A special thank you to everyone who made the 20th Anniversary Celebration possible
• Public research…public goods
Southeast Minnesota Update…8
• Farm Beginnings: the next step
Twin Cities Update…9
• Reaching new audiences
• Praise for The Farm as Natural Habitat
Food & Farm Connection…12
• Great foods-great stewardship, easier than ever to find
• New MWFA address
• Volunteers needed
• Are you a potential MWFA farmer?
• MWFA & Minnesota Grown
• Midwest Food Alliance Retailers
• New MWFA Marketing Coordinator
• Support LSP in your workplace
• LSP announces the publication of The Farm as Natural Habitat
• Get the latest in stewardship fashion