We are pleased to announce the 2016-2017 class dates and location for the Land Stewardship Project’s Farm Beginnings training program. By participating in Farm Beginnings, you will have the opportunity to develop goals that reflect your values, while also connecting with and learning from some of the area’s most innovative and successful farmers, local entrepreneurs and other beginning farmers. This year classes will convene in Northfield, Minn. The classes run from the end of October 2016 through March 2017, followed by the on-farm education component, including workshops and field days.
• Saturday, October 29, 2016, 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
• Saturday, November 12, 2016, 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (This session will meet jointly with the Glenwood class in a different location in the west Twin Cities Metro)
• Thursday, December 1, 2016, 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
• Saturday, December 10, 2016, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Saturday, January 7, 2017, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Thursday, January 19, 2017, 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
• Saturday, February 4, 2017, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Saturday, February 18, 2017, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Saturday, March 11, 2017, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
The course includes:
• 9 sessions of seminar time, much of it with established farmers.
• 10+ on-farm education events including workshops, farm tours and field days on working farms, times and dates TBA.
• Course books, binders and other materials.
• Connection to a network of established sustainable farmers interested in helping you succeed.
• Course Fee: $1,500 (Flexible payment plan and partial scholarships available).
For more information or application materials, visit www.farmbeginnings.org or contact:
Karen Benson/Land Stewardship Project
P.O. Box 130
Lewiston, MN 55952