July 21, 10 am-4 pm
- Farm Sweet Farm, 16294 250th St., Cadott, WI 54727
Google Map »
- RSVP to Heather Flashinski, 715-379-3742, firstname.lastname@example.org
• 10 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.: Walk the farm at Farm Sweet Farm LLC, which has been in all grass for 11 years. The Flashinskis are graduates of the Land Stewardship Project's Farm Beginnings course and have been grazing animals for 15 years. Species include beef cattle and chickens. Things to see are silvopasturing, a wetland, tree plantings, out-wintering areas, new seedlings and much more.
• 12:30 p.m. - 2 p.m.: Enjoy a picnic feast (potluck—please bring a dish to pass). The following will be provided: hotdogs, chocolate milk and cheese graciously provided by Organic Valley.
• 2 p.m.- 4 p.m.: Stick around for a discussion on working the grazing farm with kids, Holistic Management grazing planning, soil testing and reading results, direct marketing, the 10-year slump and so much more.
RSVP to Heather Flashinski at 715-379-3742 or email@example.com.