March 17, 10:30 am-12 pm
- Four Season Centre, Steele County Fairgrounds, 1525 S. Elm Ave., Owatonna, MN
Google Map »
- Event Website »
On Saturday, March 17, from 10:30 a.m. until noon in Owatonna, Saddle Butte Ag is hosting a free Cover Crops 101 farmer workshop featuring many local soil health farmers, including:
- TJ Kartes—Representing Saddle Butte seed company, TJ will discuss the importance of cover crop species origination.
- Tom Cotter — Mower County’s 2017 Cover Crop Champion uses cover crops and strip till with cattle and vegetable production.
- Mark Ditlevson — Steele County’s 2014 Conservation Farmer of the Year is a longtime ridge tiller who switched to no-till and cover crops.
- Tom Pyfferoen — He is a cover crop producer from Pine Island working on bio strip till.
- Tim Little — Tim is a Cover Crop Champion from Millerburg.
- Brad Hagen— Steele County’s 2015 Conservation Farmer of the Year uses cover crops with hog manure.
- Andy Linder — Andy will speak on cover crop transition to strip till and transitioning to no-till. He runs a cover crop application business.
For more information and the location, see this flyer.