November 13, 2018, 7 pm-8 pm
- Blue Heron Coffeehouse, 162 W. 2nd Street Winona, MN 55987
Google Map »
- RSVP to Brian DeVore, LSP, 612-722-6377, email@example.com
Join agricultural journalist Brian DeVore, Tuesday, Nov. 13, beginning at 7 p.m., at the Blue Heron Coffeehouse in Winona for a discussion centered around his new book, Wildly Successful: Sustainability and the New Agricultural Land Ethic. This book tells the stories of farmers in Minnesota and across the Midwest who are balancing viable food production with environmental sustainability and a passion for all things wild. They are using innovative techniques and strategies to develop their “wildly successful” farms as working ecosystems.
DeVore, a writer, editor and podcaster who works for the Minnesota-based Land Stewardship Project, has spent the past 25 years traveling the Midwest, conducting interviews with the farmers, scientists, activists and other “ecological agrarians” who are blending the wild and the tame as they strive to create environmentally and economically sustainable food production systems.
DeVore will be on-hand during this free event to sign copies of Wildly Successful Farming. He will read from his book and discuss what we can all do to support the wildly successful farmers who are raising healthy food, protecting our water and building resilient landscapes.
The Blue Heron is wheelchair accessible, and specialty coffees, tea, beer, wine and baked goods will be available for sale.
Other Reading Events in November
This is one in a series of Wildly Successful Farming events:
• Monday, Nov. 12: Chatfield United Methodist Church in Chatfield, Minn., 1:30 p.m.-3 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 13: Blue Heron Coffeehouse in Winona, Minn., 7 p.m.-8 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 14: Paperbacks and Pieces Bookstore in Winona, Minn., 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
• Tuesday, Nov. 27: University of Minnesota-Morris, 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 28: Common Cup Coffeehouse, Morris, Minn., 2 p.m.-3 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 28: Java River Coffee Shop, Montevideo, Minn., 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 29: Hutchinson Public Library, Hutchinson, Minn., 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.