March 14, 6:30 pm-7:30 pm
- Thomas Saint Angelo Public Library, 1305 2nd Ave., Cumberland, WI 54829
Google Map »
- RSVP to Brian DeVore, 612-816-9342, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian DeVore of the Land Stewardship Project will discuss his new University of Wisconsin Press book, Wildly Successful Farming: Sustainability and the New Agricultural Land Ethic on Thursday, March 14, beginning at 6:30 p.m., at the Thomas Saint Angelo Public Library in Cumberland, Wis.
Wildly Successful Farming tells the stories of farmers in Minnesota and across the Midwest who are balancing profitability and food production with environmental sustainability and a passion for all things wild. They are using innovative techniques and strategies to develop their “wildly” successful farms as working ecosystems.
DeVore will read from the book, sign copies and talk about what we can all do to support farming that integrates agriculture and ecology.
Other Reading Events this Winter & Spring
This is one in a series of Wildly Successful Farming events:
• March 14: Reading at Thomas Saint Angelo Public Library, Cumberland, Wis.
• March 15: Wildly Successful Farming Potluck & Community Discussion, Fairfield, Iowa
• March 16: Presentation at "Leopold & Agriculture Conference," Burlington, Iowa
• March 23: Izaak Walton League of MN 2019 Watershed Summit
• April 10: Reading at the Lingonberry, Decorah, Iowa
• April 11: Presentation at Tallgrass Prairie Center, Cedar Falls, Iowa