The Land Stewardship Project has produced a series of podcasts featuring the voices of farmers, researchers and conservationists who are on the cutting edge of building healthy soil. Check out all of our Ear to the Ground podcasts here.
• Episode 206: A southeastern Minnesota farmer's drive to plant cover crops takes him out onto the snow and into new soil health territory.
• Episode 205: Iowa farmer Loran Steinlage describes the benefits of converting a monocropped desert to a "jungle mix" of continuous living cover.
• Episode 201: A young farmer's evolving view of livestock allows him to make a direct connection between profitability and soil health.
• Episode 197: A row-cropped field is converted back to prairie, benefiting the environment and livestock.
• Episode 196: A farmer and a soil health expert on how livestock, cover crops and pastures are the “rock stars” of building soil health.
• Episode 195: Farmer Tom Frantzen describes how he is using diversity to make his farm more
resilient in the face of extreme weather.
• Episode 192: A dairy farmer finds more microbes in the soil means more money in the bank.
• Episode 191: LSP’s George Boody describes what he learned at an international conference on how agriculture can sequester greenhouse gases.
• Episode 190: Dr. Kristine Nichols describes how we can build agronomic, economic and environmental resiliency in our agricultural soils.
• Episode 187: Allen Williams on soil health, livestock and “compounding, cascading effects.”
• Episode 183: Seeing is believing: a rain simulator shows the value of continuous living cover on farm fields.
• Episode 177: A farmer and a researcher talk about making cover crops pay.
• Episode 175: An Indiana farmer describes his experience with cover cropping and how it fits into a bigger goal of improving his land’s soil health.
• Episode: 154: NRCS soil health evangelist Ray Archuleta shares his passion for “farming in nature’s image.”
• Episode 128: A government conservationist talks about treating soil as a complete ecosystem.
• Episode 121: How farmers, scientists and conservationists have teamed up to revolutionize the relationship between ag and soil health.