Nettle Valley Farm is using silvopasturing to prove ecological sustainability and profitable livestock production can coexist — creating healthy pollinator habitat in the bargain.
LSP’s Ear to the Ground episode 265 describes Nettle Valley Farm’s beginning farmer incubator program.
• LSP’s Grazing & Soil Health web page
• Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation
• Native Trees and Shrubs for Pollinators
• Wild Farm Alliance
• USDA Environmental Quality Incentives Program pollinator web page
• Practical Farmers of Iowa
• Wildly Successful Farming: Sustainability and the New Agricultural Land Ethic
• A Sticky Situation for Pollinators
• Nettle Valley Farm