- Sunday, Aug. 30—Regional Farm Tour: Post-Harvest Handling Facilities on Vegetable Farms, New Richmond, Wis., area. Contact: Dori Eder, LSP, firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-578-4497
- Tuesday, Sept. 1—Final Deadline for Farm Beginnings Course. Contact: www.landstewardshipproject.org/morefarmers/farmbeginningsclass
- Sunday, September 27, 2 p.m.-6 p.m.—Tractor & Implement Field Day: Two Sessions—Beginner & Experienced. Hosted in Partnership with the Minnesota Food Association at Big River Farms in Marine on St. Croix, Minn. Participants may attend one or both sessions:
- 2 p.m.– 3:30 p.m.: Tractor 101 for Beginners—A basic introduction to the safe operation and routine maintenance of a standard tractor and basic implements. Led by Rodrigo Cala, MFA graduate and owner/operator of Cala Farms in Osceola, Wis.
- 4 p.m.– 5:30 p.m.: Tractor Troubleshooting—For those with knowledge of basic tractor operation, a more advanced session on diagnosing tractor problems in the field and repair of basic components. Led by Joel Kellum, Markets and Production Manager at Minnesota Food Association.
Contact: Dori Eder, LSP, email@example.com, 612-578-4497
• Thursday, Oct. 1— LSP Journeyperson Course Deadline. For more information, click here.