February 11, 7 pm-8:30 pm
The Land Stewardship Project's mission to transform the farm and food system, and the greater economy, requires us to come together across our differences, engage in our institutions and elections, build our collective power, and assert the collective power we already have. As we challenge corporate control over our communities, we must recognize and dismantle the legacy of oppression that orchestrated today’s reality.
Join fellow Land Stewardship Project members in growing and deepening our understanding, relationships, and work to advance systemic change by signing up for the second training in a Let's Get Free Together series of trainings for members.
Let’s Get Free Together: How Do I Talk to My Neighbor?
The purpose of this training is to come together and examine how systemic oppression is keeping us from connecting more deeply with our neighbors and our communities. Throughout the training, members will:
• Explore ways in which we can more fully show-up in our communities.
• Examine what is keeping us from making deeper connections with our neighbors.
• Examine how structural oppression and economic class impact our relationships.
We are offering all LSP members two sessions of the same training. There is no fee to participate. All sessions will be held via Zoom,* which is accessible via computer, a smartphone app, or simply by dialing your telephone and entering a code. We are limiting the number of participants to 20 per session to keep the training interactive. So, reserve your spot soon!
* Upon registering, you will receive the Zoom link and e-mail reminders leading up to the training date.
Training Sessions Dates:
* Tuesday, February 9 , from 12:30 pm - 2 pm
* Thursday, February 11, from 7 pm – 8:30 pm
Training Registration: Register below!
Meet Your LSP Trainer:
- Nick Olson, email@example.com
- Nick, along with his partner and two kids, lives and farms in Litchfield, Minn. He has been an organizer with LSP for the past 12 years, working closely with beginning farmers. For the past four years, Nick has been organizing LSP members around issues of racial justice through trainings, cohorts, actions, and connection with allies. When not on the farm or on a Zoom call, Nick enjoys canoeing, hiking, and discovering new music.
Questions? Contact Nick via e-mail.
We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming training session!