This is the second year of a two-year research project through the Minnesota Department of Agriculture looking into creating on-farm compost recipes using the Johnson-Su Bioreactor design. Land Stewardship Project staff are working with five farms to build a total of 10 bioreactors in the month of June 2022. We are looking for 3 to 5 member-volunteers for work days in June.
E-mail email@example.com for more information and to sign-up as a volunteer. Please keep in mind that building bioreactors can be intensive and dirty work. Appropriate work clothes, boots, gloves, a great sense of humor, and a water bottle will help. Sack lunches or coordinated dinner orders will be organized closer to the day.
Dates & Locations:
- Tuesday, June 7, Jovaag Farm, Austin, MN
- Thursday, June 9, Cotter Farm, Austin, MN
- Wednesday, June 15: Good Turn Farm, Stockholm, WI
- Friday, June 17: Wozupi Tribal Gardens, Prior Lake, MN
- Wednesday, June 29: Pangrac Farm, Utica, MN