June 5, 2019, 5 pm-7:30 pm
- Cimarron Farm, 901 Lake Elmo Ave. N., Lake Elmo, MN 55042
Google Map »
- Event Website »
- RSVP to Chloe Richter, 651-430-4027, firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for a free event on Wednesday, June 5, from 5 p.m.-7:30 p.m. The Metro Food Access Network (MFAN) is traveling to Washington County. MFAN is a network of over 400 food access organizations coming from across the seven-county metro region, with the collective mission of advancing equitable access to healthy food for all Twin Cities metro residents.
- Hear from a panel of local food innovators.
- Learn how we grow, process, distribute, get, make, eat, compost, and dispose of food in Washington County.
- Enjoy delicious food while networking and collaborating!
Who Should Attend?
Professionals working on healthy food access, residents concerned about food access and the food system, and local elected officials.
- 5 p.m.-5:15 p.m.: Participants arrive, mingle, food is available
- 5:15 p.m.-5:45 p.m.: Welcome and panel program + field games for youth
- 5:45 p.m.-6 p.m.: Panel Q & A
- 6 p.m.-7 p.m.: Food System Activities—participants visit as many as they would like
- 7 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: Wrap up and close: gather feedback + elected official remarks
Sponsored by Washington County Public Health and Environment, Cimarron Farm, Our Community Food Projects, Second Harvest Heartland, Newport Farmers Market, Washington County WIC, and FamilyMeans.