The Minnesota legislative session ends in just six days and we need your help in ensuring a robust budget that invests in our farmers and communities makes it across the finish line. Check out the Land Stewardship Project’s latest blog for details on where our priorities stand.
Here are two opportunities to take action:
- Join LSP at the Minnesota State Capitol on Saturday, May 21, at 2 p.m., to track down and talk to key legislators who are finalizing the budget.
- Take just two minutes to contact key decision-makers!
Together, we can ensure our Legislature finalizes a budget that:
- Invests in the health of our soils and the economic resiliency of our farmers.
- Establishes a soil health action plan and statewide soil-healthy farming goals.
- Provides funding to expand local meat processing and trainings for small processors.
- Prioritizes creating a multi-racial farm and food system that breaks down barriers for those seeking to participate in it.
- Relieves the impacts the 2021 drought had on farmers as we head into a new planting season that has already been challenging for many.
- Bolsters our Soil and Water Conservation Districts.
- And more!
Please take just two minutes to contact key decision-makers now and join us on Saturday if you can! If you have questions about this Saturday, please e-mail Laura Schreiber.