February 19, 6:30 pm-7:30 pm
- Deer Park Public Library, 112 Front St. W., Deer Park, WI 54007
Google Map »
- RSVP to Brian DeVore, LSP, 612-722-6377, firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian DeVore of the Land Stewardship Project will discuss his new book, Wildly Successful Farming: Sustainability and the New Agricultural Land Ethic on Tuesday, Feb. 19, beginning at 6:30 p.m., at the Deer Park Public Library in Deer Park, Wis.
Wildly Successful Farming tells the stories of farmers in Minnesota and across the Midwest who are balancing profitability and food production with environmental sustainability and a passion for all things wild. They are using innovative techniques and strategies to develop their “wildly” successful farms as working ecosystems.
DeVore will read from the book, sign copies and talk about what we can all do to support farming that integrates agriculture and ecology.
Other Reading Events this Winter & Spring
This is one in a series of Wildly Successful Farming events:
• Jan. 17: Magers & Quinn Booksellers in Minneapolis
• Feb. 15: Reading at Jubilee Market & Peacemeals dining event, Mountain Lake, Minn.
• Feb. 19: Reading at Deer Park Public Library, Deer Park, Wis.
• March 5: Reading at River Falls Public Library, River Falls, Wis.
• March 16: Presentation at Leopold Landscape Alliance, Burlington, Iowa
• April 10: Reading at the Lingonberry, Decorah, Iowa
• April 11: Presentation at Tallgrass Prairie Center, Cedar Falls, Iowa