March 1, 8:30 am-12 pm
- Valentino's Restaurant, 110 S. 1st St., Montevideo, MN 56265
Google Map »
- RSVP to Robin Moore, LSP, 320-269-2105, email@example.com
The Sustainable Farming Association of Minnesota and the Land Stewardship Project are presenting a special "Soil Health Cafe Chat" on Friday, March 1, at Valentino's Restaurant (110 S. 1st St., Montevideo, MN 56265).
- 8:30 a.m.-9 a.m.: Coffee & welcome for non-operating landowners with LSP's Robin Moore
- 9 a.m.-9:30 a.m.: Coffee, rolls & conversation for all
- 9:30 a.m.-12 p.m.: Panel discussion and questions on soil health, what practices are working for farmers and what we can do to start and encourage soil building practices. Panelists are:
- Richard Handeen, a local grazier & farmer
- Carmen Fernholz, a local organic farmer
- SFA's Kent Solberg, a grazier, farmer & soil health speaker.
- 12 p.m.-1 p.m.: Lunch and follow-up questions for non-operating landowners with Robin Moore of the Land Stewardship Project
This event is for non-operating landowners and farmers alike. The Land Stewardship Project extends a special invitation to landowners who rent out their farmland to come and continue learning about soil health and soil building, and what that looks like from a practical, local, viewpoint. You'll have a chance to get comfortable before the event, to ask questions of the farmer panel during the chat, and to have lunch with LSP's Robin Moore to talk more about how to initiate soil building practices on your farmland.
The more you learn about what's working for farmers around soil building and soil health, the more able you will be to support these practices on your own land! Join us for warm coffee on a cold morning to talk about what is happening in YOUR neighborhood! Visit the Sustainable Farming Association website for more events like this one.
This event is open to the public and no RSVP is necessary. Coffee and rolls are free of charge. For questions, e-mail Robin Moore or call 320-269-2105.