December 12, 2019, 6 pm-8:30 pm
- Church of the Brethren, 25335 County Rd. 25, Lewiston, MN
Google Map »
- RSVP to Alex Romano, LSP, 507-523-3366, email@example.com
Are you looking to improve profitability from rotationally grazing livestock by marketing your grass-fed and pastured-based meats directly to the consumer? Farmers trying out direct-marketing want another option to feed people high quality food, diversify their business enterprises, and capture more of the food dollar. Although direct-marketing sounds like a good idea, many farmers lack information on how to make it happen. Direct-marketing is a skill that people can learn.
To address this learning curve, the Land Stewardship Project has invited local farmers Eric Klein (Hidden Stream Farm), Mike and Jennifer Rupprecht (Earth-Be-Glad Farm), Valerie Luhman (Grass Fed Cattle Co.), and Jordan and Rachelle Meyer (Wholesome Family Farms) to share how they got started direct marketing and how they are making it work on their farms.
- Farmer-to-Farmer Learning
- Ideas for Building a Customer-Base
- Processing Considerations
- Internet Marketing Strategies
- Audience Q&A
From I-90, take exit 242 and head north on Co Rd. 29, after 3 miles, turn right on Co. Rd. 106, continue onto Co. Rd. 25, heading east. The church will be on your right.
- $10/individual, $20/family — fee includes dinner featuring local foods
- Registration begins at 5:30 p.m.
- Families are welcome!
For more information, contact LSP's Alex Romano at 507-523-3366 or via e-mail.