January 10, 2019, 9 am-3 pm
- Vinje Lutheran Church, 1101 Willmar Ave. SW, Willmar, MN 56201
Google Map »
- Event Website »
- RSVP to (If not registering on-line below) Robin Moore, LSP, 320-269-2105, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Land Stewardship Project and sponsors will be holding several “Managing for Stewardship” workshops this winter for farmland owners and renters who are looking for help developing rental agreements that reflect their stewardship values.
This workshop, “Intro to Land Management and Stewardship Communication” is designed for farmland owners, retired farm men and women, those inheriting a farmland investment, and farmers who rent farmland. The League for Women Voters is a sponsor.
Participants will receive a toolkit of resources and ideas for farmland owners, tips for improving communication between owners and renters, and information on the new Minnesota tax credit for selling/renting to beginning farmers. Key discussion points include:
• What is the farmland legacy you will leave for the next generation?
• How do we enhance the productive value of farmland?
• Balancing short-term returns with investing in farmland as a productive asset
• What’s the relationship between soil health, water quality and climate change?
• Building soil health on rented land-what does it take?
• Creating opportunities for young farmers on the land
To register on-line, you are required to pay the suggested donation of $20 at this time. If you would like to contribute a different amount, contribute in a different manner, or contribute at the event please call or email Robin Moore at the number or email above.
Suggested donation: $20.00Online registration deadline: January 9, 2019.