June 22, 2019
- Big Stone Lake State Park, 35889 Meadowbrook State Park Road, Ortonville, MN 56278
Google Map »
- Event Website »
- RSVP to Robin Moore, LSP, 320-269-2105, email@example.com
Join LSP, CURE, and the US Fish and Wildlife Service for a day of learning, looking, surveys, workshops, and outdoor fun!
People of all ages and outdoor skill levels are invited to join us and:
- Catch and learn about dragonflies with the Minnesota Dragonfly Society, and maybe find a new species in western Minnesota.
- Go birdwatching with experienced local birders—last year we spotted a hummingbird working on her nest.
- Find rare and exciting native prairie plants and learn about what they need to thrive.
- Join us for an evening potluck with local, grass-fed meat.
- Spend some time in the shade attending a workshop on a fun topic.
- Take home a prize from our silent auction, with local products and Patagonia merchandise.
- Camp at a new state park.
If you are new to the event, see a full description of the BioBlitz here. Some of the information on the page is still related to the 2017 BioBlitz; we are working on updating that information.
We are looking for naturalists to lead survey teams, volunteers to help with tasks during the day, people who are interested in leading workshops on related topics, and anyone excited to come along.
If you are interested in donating to the silent auction or becoming a sponsor of this event, please contact us below.
For more information, contact:
- Robin Moore, Land Stewardship Project, e-mail, 320-269-2105
- Peg Furshong, Clean Up the River Environment, e-mail, 320-269-2984