September 27, 11 am-2:30 pm
- West Central Research and Outreach Center, 46352 State Hwy 329, Morris, MN 56267
Google Map »
- RSVP to Amanda Koehler, LSP, 612-722-6377, firstname.lastname@example.org
The presentation, tour, and discussion will focus on the farm crisis’s impact on family dairy farmers as well as building resiliency and diversity on the land through managed rotational grazing, integrating livestock into cropping operations, and lowered inputs. We will also discuss the opportunities the state has available to build a resilient and equitable farm system that invests in family farmers, rural communities, and the land.
The purpose of this event is to:
- Build relationships with legislators and members of Governor Tim Walz's administration.
- Connect LSP members with policymakers.
- Provide a learning opportunity for legislators, government administration, and ourselves.
- Explore ways to partner with policymakers to meaningfully address the dairy crisis.
We aren’t going into this event to speak about specific ideas or legislation, but to build a foundation to be able to do so for the 2020 state legislative session and beyond.
There will be a pre-meeting for Land Stewardship Project members at 10:15 a.m., and the event will begin at 11 a.m., including a free lunch for members, and a wrap-up by 2:30 p.m.
To reserve a spot and for more information, contact LSP organizer Amanda Koehler at 612-722-6377 or via e-mail.