March 14, 9 am-1 pm
- Land Stewardship Project, 821 E. 35th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407
Google Map »
- Event Website »
- RSVP to Alternative Roots Farm, email@example.com, 507-412-7605
In this class we will teach you how to propagate your own apple trees. We will discuss the time-tested techniques of fruit tree grafting including grafting tools, timing, proper scions, and rootstocks. Attendees will practice what they learn by “Whip and Tongue” grafting different varieties of apple trees using modern day rootstocks.
Each participant will take home three newly grafted apple trees to be planted on your own property. Additional rootstocks available for purchase at class, for $5 each. All materials and tools will be provided for the workshop. Optional: Bring scions of your favorite old apple tree if you would like to graft these at the class. (Call John, 507-439-6541, for tips how to properly collect scions.)
Registration & Payment
- $60 registration, advance payment appreciated.
- To reserve your spot, register online (https://forms.gle/ZfdowPVLX9hh553w6; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call/text 507-412-7605.
- Mail payment to Alternative Roots Farm, 11197 130th St., Madelia, MN 56062.