March 21, 8:30 am-4:30 pm
- Farm Table Foundation, 110 Keller Ave. North, Amery, WI 54001
Google Map »
- Event Website »
- RSVP to Mike, email@example.com, 715-268-3483
Marketing is not a passive process. Market research starts long before the seed is in the ground. In this class we'll:
- Find the right market outlet to match your skills and personality, land, crop mix and customers’ needs.
- Discuss trends in the food market and the pros and cons of various marketing models including: roadside stands, farmers' markets, CSA, agri-tourism, restaurants, pick-your-own, on-line sales, wholesale, retail and brokers.
- Work in class on designing a mix of markets and crops that work for your farm and market based on customers’ needs and your strengths.
Trainer Pam Benike, a lifelong farmer, combines traditional sustainable and non-chemical farming methods learned from her grandparents with new technologies. She and three of her adult children grow vegetables all winter long in three unheated hoop houses. During the spring, summer and fall, they grow a full line of vegetables and fruits. Benike also milks a small herd of cows, makes artisan cheeses, raises cattle and pigs, and propagates an heirloom variety of wheat.